Sunday, June 27, 2010

7 weeks!!!

Yesterday was our 7 week mark! We also bought our first onesies too! I know we should be waiting for a little bit longer but I couldn't resist! Its a baby blue (still really hoping for a mini David), and have a peace symbol on it. I figure if we do have a girl she will be fine wearing it also =) We also scored a rocking chair from my Aunt Teresa that is 65 years old!! It's going to go perfect in the baby's room and I can see myself falling asleep in it many nights!

So lets see what is going on with Baby McDonald this week:

* Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs.

* Our baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry!!!

* Both hemispheres of or baby's brain are growing and the liver is churning out red blood cells until the bone marrow forms and takes over.

* The appendix and pancreas are now there.

* A loop in our baby's growing intestines is bulging into his/her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body!

222 plus or minus some days to go!!!


Also this week I think I'm also going to start reading "Pregnancy for Dummies" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting." "The Pregnancy Journal" is awesome but it really just goes day by day so I want to get some more knowledge in about our little peanut and what and what not I should be doing!

Well off to go get ready for Shannon's bridal shower!! Will post some pictures of the fiesta later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment