Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30 weeks

30 weeks has approached us soooo fast! Mothers have told me that now is when I can start counting down weeks till Dakota is here and after the past couple days of feeling under the weather the thought of not being pregnant sounds pretty nice. I have had such an amazing pregnancy but starting on Thursday I started to feel really sick, such as lower back and lower abdominal stabbing pain over and over. People tell me labor is going to be a lot harder, and this I know but at least with each painful contraction I'm one step closer to seeing Dakota. I can deal with being sick but what really makes it bad is wondering whether or not Dakota is okay. Well I went to my midwives and they are thinking I have a kidney infection or a bowel blockage. Fun I know! The only good thing that came out of that trip was hearing D's heartbeat and knowing that she was still very healthy and not harmed at all by mommy's low point. Today feeling about 50% better but I have been ordered to take another day off and keep low at home. I do have to say how thankful I am to of had almost 30 weeks of a dream pregnancy! A week of feeling miserable I would take anytime over poor women that feel sick throughout their whole pregnancy or even just a trimester! So bring it on final trimester! Ten more weeks is noting and you still haven't knocked this mama down!

At 30 weeks:


* Dakota is about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage).


* A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus.
* Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment