Tuesday, October 19, 2010

27 weeks

Third trimester hello to you next week!! Definitely starting to feel pregnant now! Nothing really to complain about but for sure feel a belly in front of me :) She is also constantly moving and kicking! I have noticed she also tends to get the hiccups if I eat anything spicy!

 So at 27 weeks Baby Dakota:
  • Weighs almost 2 pounds, like a head of cauliflower, and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. Which is probably why I'm feeling more prego and feeling her kicks more!

  • She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers.
  • With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now which is why I need to double up on my fish oil and leafy greens!
  • While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now.
  • The tiny rhythmic movements I may be feeling are a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her just feel like mini kicks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment