Well hello 3rd trimester! Holy crap can you believe that I'm in my last trimester! When I tell people that I'm 7 months they can hardly believe it because I have just really started to show and I'm still not as big as most women at 7 months. I have a feeling though that will all change though! So far nothing is really different then the other trimesters, I can still fit into my normal pants (this is due to them being low rise and Dakota is snuggled up so high), no sickness, not tired then normal, and really just feel like my normal self with a belly. Every once in awhile I can feel her kicking up onto my rib and that is a little uncomfortable but I will take that any day over all the other pregnancy downers! So 84 more days and we will be at our due date!
Here is what is going on with our baby girl at 28 weeks:
* By this week, Dakota weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels.
* She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes.
* With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb.
* She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain (one reason I have kicked up my fish oil!) and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
We have a midwife appointment tonight and we actually have some questions to ask:
1) What other vitamins should I be taking in the third trimester?
2) Is our birthing class we signed up for aimed more towards natural birth?
3) Birthing plan. When should we start to make this and what should all be included?
4) What procedures are done to Dakota and me after delivery?
5) Am I allowed to eat anything while in labor? In hospital they only give you ice chips, so I'm really hoping this isn't the same there! Here is an article that I recently read on women while birthing!
6) David and I want to stay at home as long as possible while in early labor so we are wondering when the right time is to come in to the birthing center.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment