Sunday, October 31, 2010

Perfect for Halloween!!



"In Traditional Chinese Medicine the Placenta is considered as a powerful and sacred medicine full of life force"QI". It's said that the use of Placenta Medicine during the postpartum time helps you to recover faster from childbirth." Some women have cooked the placenta in a stew, mixed it into a smoothie, or even taken it raw to tap into its powerful effects.  For many who feel squeamish, I'm guessing many of you that are reading this right now myself included, about this or want to reap the benefits of placenta for more than just a day or two, there is another option is encapsulation! At my last midwife appointment I saw a flyer on placenta encapsulation and thought I would look into it! About 80% of women experience the "baby blues" after child birth and typically nothing is done till it hits depression. One benefit of ingesting your placenta (so nasty to think about) is that it decreases the likelihood of postpartum depression. Along with the benefit are it increases your general energy, balances your hormones, enhances your milk supply, and decreases the likelihood of iron deficiency. So as you can see there are a lot of benefits of the encapsulation and is why I'm thinking about doing it; however thinking still lies on the 50 % mark because I don't know if I can get over the fact of ingesting my own placenta! Yuk!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ya, that doesn't sound very good...It could be worth it maybe...but I'm not sure :) Let me know what you decide :)

    ReplyDelete